Thursday, March 5, 2020

Over My Head, Figuratively And Literally

Yeah, so I threw in the towel ... and the brush and the boxes and the magazines and the newspapers and the receipts into storage.  I am beat, and I know I lost.  And I still have some of my stuff I'm just going to shovel into my desk or something.

There were several big paper bags, several small paper bags in which I organized programs and stuff from Vikings Games, plus all the pamphlets from Auto Shows past, which I never got to.  Combine that with the Amazon boxes I could just not part with, I had, like, two dozen ... things I threw into my storage unit.

And I took a good look when I was there about an hour ago.  The pile was taller than my head, and the new stuff I threw in there made it even taller, obviously.  This is a huge monument to my failure to organize, curate, let go, and make decisions about My Stuff.

I think I need to spend a few hours a couple evenings per week at storage.  That means going there, taking out a bag, separating the things I truly want to keep to the ones I kept just to read them later, and read them right then and there.  But that would mean I need to buy a footstool ... and probably throw it into my storage unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment