Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Yeah, But ... Is It Virus-Free?

So I am trying to step back from my anger.  Give it a night's (shortened) rest.  Maybe in the morning I'll have cooled off and thought this isn't a war worth fighting.  Or, I could wake up as spittin' mad as ever, and I would decide that I need to take some action, or talk back.

Either way, something could totally derail things.  See, on Sunday, I took up the mantle of disinfecting all the common areas in my area -- door handles and keypads.  While I was walking around work yesterday (a day in which I did not sanitize), I saw that all the dark spots I sprayed this disinfectant on had these white splotches on them.  It's ugly, to be sure.  So, it's, uh, possible I used too much?  But in the days of COVID-19, can anything really be too much?

So I can totally see coming in tomorrow and being confronted by my supervisor or boss with, "Did you spray all these door handles and keypads with the cleaner?  You used way too much!" and getting called on the carpet for it.  To which I would reply, and not like a smartass, "Yes, but ... is it virus-free?"

And I could then be fired on the spot, which would make any thoughts I have about quitting moot.

No comments:

Post a Comment