Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Sad For Elizabeth Warren

I voted in a primary for the first time in my life today.  I voted for Elizabeth Warren.

I think she would make a better president than either Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders.  We need someone who's smart in the White House.  God, do we need it.

And yet she has been virtually wiped out, here in Minnesota and all the other states on Super Tuesday.  I don't get it.  She is smart and charismatic.  She vows to open up an investigation/tribunal on the Trump Administration if she were elected.  And the criticism about being Native American, or insulting Hilary Clinton ... exaggerated, if not outright preposterous.  So that leaves ... sexism.

I am sad.  But that's what you get when you stick your neck out: Sometimes, it doesn't go your way.  I thought she had a chance of staying in when there were only four states that held primaries.  But after #SuperTuesday, even I can see the writing on the wall.

No matter.  I don't regret my vote at all.  Because I still think she's a better candidate, and I still think she would make a fantastic president.

No comments:

Post a Comment