Thursday, September 15, 2022

Addendum To: Addendum To: My Meeting In The Morning

So, that meeting happened yesterday/Wednesday morning ... and what was scheduled as only a half-hour meeting turned into an hour.  Guess I had something to say after all.

Really, though, I hope I didn't come off as complaining.  Turns out I did need to vent my spleen, however, and I guess I did get, uh, triggered when my supervisor wanted to talk about workload.  She communicated that she wanted to ensure that I understood the amount of work that typically comes with this job and, OK, I did get a bit defensive at that.  I told her that I was well aware of the amount of work, having needing to stay up to an extra two hours to finish on many days.  I am not completely sure she understands my thinking on that.  She seemed to keep saying that if I felt pinned down to reach out.  I think I let both my supervisor and my boss know that regardless of how I feel, if there is work that belongs to someone else, that work should go to that someone else.  The possible solution that I think was offered in the meeting, which I want to reach, are possible, uh, conclusions if the work gets to be overwhelming.

We'll see how well we understand each other, my supervisor and I, for I am in The Fourth Department today and tomorrow.  My boss tells me that I probably will be working at least a couple days there every week for the rest of my time at my company.  He also says he's trying to get permission to find a third person who will have the position similar to mine, and that would help.  Regardless, I hope my, uh, outburst yesterday didn't call for bad karma on me the rest of my workweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment