Thursday, September 29, 2022

Wanted To Not Spend Money Yesterday Or Today, But Pshaw

You can feel fall in the air, and with that, the pull of cocooning in your house, and in your bed, is irresistible.  I wanted to indulge in that feeling by just going to and from work yesterday/Wednesday and today/Thursday.  It helps that all three hours of prime time both nights have shows I want to watch: The Conners, The Goldbergs and Abbott Elementary (a show I haven't seen yet but have heard real good things about) followed by a special 90-minute The Amazing Race (when it settles into its usual hour-long episodes at 9, I can see Home Economics at 8:30) yesterday/Wednesday, then the Law & Orders today/Thursday.  I can go home, maybe take a nap, maybe make dinner, then eat while watching TV.  No money spent, no gasoline burned, no carbon footprint extended, just living a quiet day.

But then, Tuesday, I was scrolling through my Facebook and saw that Able Seedhouse was closing Saturday.  Their beers were alright, but I liked the space more.  And on top of all that, I have a gift certificate for them that still had three bucks on it.  Had to go, and assuming it'll be a madhouse Saturday and I have plans on Friday and knowing me something bad will happen if I wait to drop by Able on Thursday ... I decided to do it on Wednesday.

And then I saw that Thursday is National Coffee Day!  I have to take part in the deals!  I have to buy coffee (at a discount) before going to work, and hell, I'll get coffee after work, too.  I'll have coffee coming through my brain matter, but it's National Coffee Day!!!

So what was supposed to be two days of cocooning and not spending any money has turned right around to two days of going out at all times of the day (and night) and spending money out the wazzu.  At this point I should just throw my money into the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment