Sunday, September 11, 2022

No Rest For The Wicked, Or The Fat

I worked -- or "worked," like I said in my previous blog post -- the Twins Game yesterday and I will be working the Vikings Game today, and with my real job last and this Week, including filling in for someone next Sunday, I will be working eleven days in a row and 17 out of the next 18.  The money's still going out as fast as it's coming in, if not faster, so I kind of need to do this, at least until I exhibit some self-control.

That self-control should extend to my eating.  One of the things I really do love and appreciate about working these Games is all the free food we get.  In that sense, we are well taken care of ... well, for the most part; paying for a hot dog and a brat was something I did not see happening.  But we're never starved at these Games.  Far from it; I had coffee, some snacks, and then lunch was catered, and then I got more coffee, and then the Game started and I had those tubed meats and then (and this probably is the killer) a lot of pop and a huge cup of lemonade.  Oh, and I took home the post-Game meal to eat immediately after I got home.

My excuse, such as it is, is that I hadn't worked a baseball Game in years and so I wanted to load up on all the food offered there.  Can't say that for the football Games, as I'm going maybe on my 15th year or so.  Therefore, I can skip the food I can get there.  I mean, it'll be there all season.  Right?

This is where I usually say "Probably not."  But really, I'm feeling all the food in my stomach right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment