Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting from Monday, September 26:
  • Actually, let's go back to Friday, September 23, where, after deciding not to go to the Twins Game, I instead unwound after a difficult day at work with dinner at the Leaning Tower Of Pizza.  I always only had slices of pizza there, but that is only on their late-night menu, and I was there smack-dab in the middle of dinnertime, so I had a proper meal of a hoagie.  With beer and tip: $25.
  • I then went to Bebe Zito for ice cream ... just because.  Creme brulee with flan is very, very filling.  With tip: $7.24.
  • Go back to Wednesday the 14th, where I went to Caffetto on a weeknight because I felt like I needed a spot to work and home wasn't going to cut it.  Tea, chocolate cake, tip: $9.
  • And then we hurtle back to Tuesday the 6th ... started off The First Day Of Fall stopping by Caribou before heading into work.  Whatever I got, with a free upgrade, minus the discount for the correct answer, plus the tip, equals: $6.79.
  • And then after work I went to Moler to get a shave.  The female student who shaved me (not well, but she was learning) was kind of a worrywart, I think, and a motormouth.  I mean, I'm glad she cared, but there was a lot of stuff that she missed.  And yet I gave her my usual $5 tip, meaning I paid a total of: $14.
  • I was handed from some place of business (I think) two fresh, crisp, consecutively-numbered $5 bills.  I had been meaning to use them both in the same place, but at the end, I couldn't split up twins, so I stored them, meaning I took out of my wallet: $10.
  • Labor Day: Went to the State Fair.  I had the following: The lobster roll from Scenic 61 (really good, but $20 is a lot for something the size of a hot dog, and not even a brat); the non-alcoholic Pina Colada from Manny's Tortas (can they serve it with rum?); the tofu and The Drink from Union Hmong Kitchen (tofu is edible if you spice the hell out of it, and the "Tiger Bite" sauce was all bark and no bite, but I mean that as a good thing, savory without being hot); a tall Hard Pink Pineapple Cider from Wild State (as good as a few people said it was); a short Ron Gant Was Out from Surly (a typical hoppy craft beer, but I like the name); the Grain Belt Light Blu slushie (with tip; I now understand why it's become a fast Fair staple); and, finally, a cotton candy float from one of the small kiosks that dot the shadow of The Grandstand (good and indulgent, and I am surprised that a new and ambitious food shows up at one of these really old and traditional small kiosks that dot the shadow of The Grandstand).  I hope I did my math right ... total: $82.
  • Sunday the 4th ... went to the State Fair ... got the following: A tot dog (don't quite get it; it tastes like a corn dog; it may have a little hash brown texture to it, though; no matter, it tasted real good); Grain Belt Blu (with tip; I wanted the slushie, but this sweet sour still hit the spot on a hot late afternoon); Farmer's Union pork schnitzel sandwich (a very good and yet substantial food item; people said that if ate this, you might be wiped out for eating the rest of your trip to the Fair, and they were largely right); and the chicken and The Drink from Union Hmong Kitchen (I think I may like the chicken more than the sausage, and the scallion sauce I got was perfect).  All told I spent: $53.50.
  • To Friday, September 2, the day before my alma mater's first football Game of the season.  I was scrambling like hell when I realized that the place we were going to go to watch the Game no longer has the network that is broadcasting the Game, so I had to find a new place.  But first, I had to go back to my old stomping grounds to make sure everybody there knew we were not going to see our Game over there because we can't.  And in dropping in, I needed to keep up relations and buy something.  Whatever I ate and drank (don't remember) plus tip: $9.
  • Then I went to Billy's On Grand in St. Paul.  This place had the network we needed, but the last time we saw a Game there was at least three and may have been five Years ago, so like with this place we were going to go to in downtown Minneapolis, there was a chance that they switched satellite services after I left.  Well, I don't know if they switched satellite services, but that place has definitely changed.  I had to pay a cover of ten bucks.  I also had to get patted down by one of the three security guards stationed there.  And then, instead of a sports bar setting when I went there, there was a DJ and a bunch of, let's just say, people who weren't interested in watching sports.  I don't know what the fuck happened to this place, but even with all the TVs I saw, this was no longer the sports bar this once was.  No, this place transformed into something uglier.  So nope, not there either, and I instead decided to cancel (even though it turns out I went to the apartment of a fellow member of the ex-club; I went to his place once a few Years ago to watch our alma mater on the same obscure network).  All I got at Billy's (or Zombie Billy's) was a can of Pepsi, and I tipped on top of that.  Total: $13.
  • Finally, we go back to Saturday, August 27, when I went to the State Fair for the first of my three trips for 2022 after the United FC Match.  While waiting out the storm I got a Naughty Shirley, and after the storm blew through I was able to snag a Minneblueberry pie with cinnamon ice cream.  The Minneapple Pie stand may be the most underrated kiosk in the Minnesota State Fair; all their offerings should be considered classics.  I mean that!  All that plus the tip for the Naughty Shirley (which was good, although you can just describe it as an alcoholic Shirley Temple) came out to: $21.50
Good through September 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment