Tuesday, September 6, 2022

All The Food That's About To Spoil

My parents did a real good job storing away all the food in the fridge I saw Saturday.  However, there are still a lot of perishable items that need to be eaten or otherwise disposed of, including:
  • 4 bananas
  • 1 1/4 loves of white bread
  • 4 ... uh, pastries which Mother filled with a sliced hot dog -- very good
  • 1/5 gallon of 2% milk
  • 3 apples
  • an opened package of cheese, the kind that spoils, not the pasteurized one that can last for years
  • by the way, there are 2 packages of the kind of cheese that don't spoil and can last for years
  • and several slices of cucumbers
Lot more stuff in the freezer, where they can last for years as well, thank Buddha.  But I'm under the damn gun trying to figure out what I can eat and when.  For example, there were three small cups of fried rice I had Mother lay out in the refrigerator while she stashed the other cups of fried rice she made (and I think she made at least a dozen) in the freezer.  I ate the first cup last/Monday/Labor Night right before my fantasy football draft.  I just ate the second cup, and I am eating the third cup after I blog post this.  Part of me was hungry, part of me is pissed off and sickened by this unlawful ruling by "Judge" (actually fucking Trump whore) Aileen Cannon singlehandedly stopping the investigation into Trump stealing classified documents, but I think some of it is me wondering how I can eat all of this stuff before any of it goes bad.  I'm too busy to exercise this week, but I'll need to work out soon.

In the meantime, I don't know if I'll get to all the fruit.  I might just bring it to work and let someone else take all but one banana and apple.  I might buy cereal for the milk, and I'll need to eventually buy deli meats (Oscar Mayer, not the fancy but spoilable stuff) to go after the cheese and the bread.  The cucumbers and the hot dog pastries I'll fit in someday ... and I'm sure something will eventually go bad anyway, hrmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment