Thursday, August 24, 2023

Man, my boss is going to be so pissed.  After being able to cut out on time on several occasions, this week has been a consistent late slog.  Work that has come in in the mid-afternoon has ruined any chance of me getting done when my eight hours are up.  I have worked late all three days so far this workweek, each time lasting till at least 5.  Overtime is a given, and that is going to be a huge red flag for him, if he doesn't know already.

I really don't want to care.  I am doing my job, and if the forms and the calls come in in the afternoon, I can't just fucking leave at 4:30 without finishing the work.  My boss possibly thinks I can.  He doesn't know.  He is only looking at the bottom line, but he doesn't know.

May not be the smartest thing, then, to leave him an e-mail just before I left work last/Wednesday evening about two relatively minor things: Changing my voicemail password and requesting time off when a lot of people are already gone.  But that's what a boss should care about ... and then not caring about whether his star employee is doing all he can to do the work as accurately and completely as possible; I am taking care of that.  But everything else?  Yeah, that's what he should be caring about at work.

Yep, he's gonna be pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment