Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Well, We've Legalized It ... And I Don't Like It

As of today, August 1, marijuana is legal.  And call me a Republican if you want, but I am scared to even leave the house right now.

I equate it (somewhat; I still kind of think pot is a gateway drug, don't @ me) to another sin that has run rampant nationwide, gambling.  I do not like governmental sanction of these sins because it gives people license to do bad things that eventually will hurt other people.  And I am paranoid, but only a little bit, that once the clock struck midnight, people all over this fuckin' state blazed one up and are now walking around the neighborhood spewing that rancid-ass odor all over the place.  I plan on seeing Oppenheimer tonight, and I'm sure I'll smell pot smoke in there, too, 'cause hey, it's legal now!  And I am scared, truly scared, that I'll be driving and will get hit by some dumb asshole who's high and just rolled through his red light.

I really don't like it.  I feel we won't be safe anymore, and I'm pretty certain much more of my day will be ruined because people are smokin' up wherever and whenever the hell they want to -- even though the law states that weed-smoking is confined to certain places, and the default is that marijuana remains illegal in public spaces.  That differentiation, the idea that you can't just do it anywhere and anytime, is lost on the stupid people who live among me.  It'll be fucking everywhere, all it once, and possibly forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment