Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Addendum To: Seeing A Gig I Can't Work After Not Seeing A Gig I Can Work

I need to take back what I said when I said the Twins gig I was offered was the first sports-related job I turned down not because I had a huge, sister-focused trip.  I have to remember the pandemic, where hiring for those jobs was kind of a clusterfuck.  Unlike being offered those gigs months in advance, I was told that they wouldn't be hiring until up till the week of.  Knowing that I need to tell my boss at my real job when I can and cannot work, getting only, say, five days' lead time for that Sunday's Vikings Game was nearly impossible.

I was reminded of that predicament when I was scrolling through my texts to make sure I haven't missed any offers for jobs.  I got an offer on, I think, a Monday for that Sunday.  Couldn't do it because, I think at the time, I was filling in on Sundays, and I promised my boss I was working.  By the way, she never acknowledged my message, no "OK, I'll look elsewhere, thanks for letting me know."

So, yeah, I have rejected these sports gigs before.  It doesn't make me feel any better that I turned down this Twins job, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment