Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I Didn't Get The Job. FUCK

So I e-mailed -- a second time -- those people who are hiring for the game, and one of them finally got back to me yesterday/Monday afternoon ... "Sorry, we already filled the position with someone else."  My worst fears are now realized.

One-and-a-half days.  It took me 1 1/2 days to get back to them.  They couldn't wait?  Really?  Or, is this a case where they didn't see my response of acceptance when I got back to them the next night -- nor my follow-up e-mail the following Monday (so a week ago) asking if they got my previous e-mail from before that weekend.  That's what I suspect.  Or, they did ask another person in the 1 1/2 days I didn't see that they e-mailed me, and that's when some other dude swooped in and took the job.  I need to unsubscribe to all those fucking campaign donation lists, goddammit.

Whatever, man ... I'm pissed.  And hurt.  And dejected.  I don't care that I'm being dramatic when I say I was really banking on the money I was going to make that week -- for working the game and for using paid time off from my day job.  The bills are still piling up, and I could really use some double-dipping.  But no, that's not happening.  And I feel a real, bitter need to tighten my belt as a result.

And yet I cannot project that bitterness on my reply e-mail to them.  So I think I split the difference: I told them I got back to them the day after while stating it was my fault I didn't get back to them sooner (classic passive-aggressiveness), but accepted their offer to circle back to me in case they do need people after all (keeping my options open), plus I also accepted their offer to help out in case their caravan comes back later in the season (acknowledging that I have read what they wrote).  It's the best I can do for missing out on money I need.  Jesus fucking Christ, I wanted that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment