Saturday, August 26, 2023

Last Friday, when I had that, uh, situation with getting into my screening, when I finally was able to get into my blood screening, one of the things the lab technician made me do was hold one end of a tape measure to get my waist.  I am 38 inches round.  Hearing that made my heart sink.

Last/Friday night I went to St. Paul to check out the restaurant which will have our alma mater's Game on.  Thought I would let them know how serious I am about giving them my (and hopefully our) business, I opted for their prime rib dinner.  And I'm glad I finished it, even though it took me time, but I felt every single damn calorie of that thing, great as it was.  But that may just be the green khakis that I am wearing for the week.

I keep noticing my belly bulging through my shirts more and more.  I think I've said before that I started getting fat at least a decade ago, and probably long before then.  But between the waist measurement and not getting into my tight khakis comfortably and eating last night, yeah, I'm getting fat.  And I feel I am getting fatter, and I feel like I'm gaining weight.

(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment