Sunday, April 14, 2024

I Know I'm Right ... Right?

Wow.  It turns out that my first ticket to the Frozen Four Final, the one I obscenely paid too much for, did not come after all.  I had to buy another ticket to go last/Saturday night.  Fortunately I got it at a rock bottom price of $62, about 59% cheaper than what the first ticket went for.  Man, I had no idea that prices for a top-flight, high-profile college championship would fall through the floor like this.  I need to be more savvy next time.

But at least I was able to buy a ticket.  And I have the facts and the paperwork on my side attesting that I didn't get the first, overpriced ticket I bought, which totally gets me off the hook.  I have begun the process of disputing the charge with my credit card, and in the meantime I have told the vendor about what I did.

Hey, the ticket was supposed to be there and, as luck would have it, it wasn't.  I tried as much as possible to retrieve that vastly overpriced ticket.  But I couldn't wait for them to get back to me.  I told them I was going to buy another ticket and then dispute the charge for the first ticket, which I didn't get.  Turns out the customer service rep I was chatting with on Thursday gave me an update on where she was at yesterday/Saturday evening ... right in the middle of the Game.  She said she's "working on it."  Does she not understand that there's nothing to "work on" anymore because the Game's over?

The only thing I'm scared of is that, somehow, the vendor and the credit card company will say I haven't done enough to warrant a refund or credit.  I don't know what else I could do.  I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to get to a ticket that wasn't there.  What could the vendor or the credit card company blame me for?  I've been by the book when it comes to getting this purchase straightened out.  Could that not be enough?  Hope that's not the case; I saved $90 on this second ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment