Thursday, April 18, 2024

I Can Fix It!!! All By Myself!!!

I thought I felt something from the car driving home from work Tuesday afternoon.  But I really felt it driving to work yesterday morning: A rhythmic knocking coming from underneath the car.  I at first rationalized it as a rain thing; it's been raining since Tuesday afternoon, heavy at times.  But as I noticed it more, my mind raced to the worst-case scenario: I have Friday off, but instead of enjoying my free time, I'll have to bring it into the shop to get it fixed.

But then I remembered that I've heard this thumping before.  The tires did get changed about three weeks ago.  Did corrosion from taking out and then putting the wheels back in have anything to do with what I was hearing?  Or, could it be loose lug nuts, like the time after I worked a Wild Game at the X?  So I got to work and searched the Internet, and one of the first things people recommended were to check the lug nuts.  So after I got done with work I checked them, and I'll be damned, three of the four nuts on my driver's-side front tire were loose.  So I got out my lug wrench and tightened up the nuts on all four of my wheels.  Drove home without hearing a sound.

Can't believe the mechanic who swapped out my old tires for new ones three weeks ago didn't do his job, else I would've heard something sooner.  Is it just stupid kids loosening them overnight?  Whatever the case, I'm glad that I was able to fix something big by myself -- and without needing to pay someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment