Thursday, April 11, 2024

Unforgivable Wetness Needs His Rest

Didn't happen on my vacation until yesterday/Wednesday morning, and I didn't think it would happen.  But on my last day at my hotel and in St. Louis, I was woken up by the alarm on my phone, which I set for 10 a.m., an hour before I had to check out.

Yes, in one sense I'm glad I had set it.  But the previous three days I woke up around mid-morning and, even though I was tired, I wasn't tired tired, you know what I mean?  I was able to wake up Sunday when I had to because the Cardinals were having a matinee.  I did the same on Monday because of the eclipse.  And upon further reflection maybe it wasn't a great time to schedule so, but on Tuesday I had to wake up and was able to wake up because I had arranged a phone-in session with my shrink, followed up with a job interview on Microsoft Teams.

In all three previous instances I didn't get a full night's sleep, but I was nonetheless able to get up in the morning and function.  I think that took a toll on my body, because I think I would have been able to sleep till, like, 1 in the afternoon if I had my way.  Unfortunately, I had to check out, and moreover, there were some things I needed to check out online before I left my room and the wi-fi that came with it.  An hour, then, wasn't enough; I was frantically trying to shower, pack up my things, check that I didn't forget anything, and still go online to map out my drive to get back to the airport and to arrange a massage in the afternoon.  And I did all that while my body was craving for more than the six hours of sleep it got today.  And so, I am not in a great mood.  That's not good when going back to a job that I hate ... and I'm going to do that on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment