Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Did Not Dodge The Other Bullet

So it was more than a week ago that I got to my car, which I parked illegally, and drove off before the tow truck came.  For the first few days I checked online to see whatever fine I needed to pay for the illegal parking and I didn't see any record.  That led me to believe, or at least hope, that because I sped off in time, I didn't have to pay anything.

With that being said, the fine print in the back of the ticket said to wait a week to check, just in case.  I was going to check this weekend, but I got caught up doing other fun stuff.  Finally checked just now ... and goddammit, they did record the ticket, and I do have to pay, albeit $45.  On the one hand, I should thank my lucky stars that's all I have to pay.  If I didn't get to my car in time, not only would it have been a pain-in-the-ass to get it back, but that's better than the, gulp, maybe $450 to get out of the impound lot, which is fucking obscene.  On the other hand, I have to pay $45 just to go see my dentist, and that's pretty shitty regardless.

I was invited to a stripper party for Friday afternoon.  It just so happened that I plan to take that afternoon off from work.  It would've been perfect timing to go, but because I need to shell out $45, I don't feel like I can afford it.  Actually, I wasn't planning on going anyway because I don't have the money, but I'll blame it on this ticket I have to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment