Sunday, April 7, 2024

Maybe The Last Best Cheap Motel In The World

I may have blog posted about this before, but I have now become deathly afraid of renting a hotel because when I research specific ones on Yelp, I only see horrible reviews about how the person found, like, bedbugs in his or her room.  I now am deathly afraid that every single hotel room in the world has bedbugs.

So, when I got into mine last/Saturday night, I did what I could to check for bedbugs.  I don't know every single thing you could do, but I remembered to pull up the bedsheets at the corners to see blood marks or, egad, bugs themselves.  I did not.  Therefore, I feel comfortable (enough) to say that there are no bedbugs in this room I'm in for the new several days.  Phew.

Combine that with the fact that apparently there is a person at the front desk 24/7, and the person who checked me at the front desk last/Saturday night is the same person who I talked to while I was at MSP to make sure someone would be at the front desk when I get there late, and I am, so far, very impressed with this hotel ... and glad that I chose this one, as remote from STL as it is.  There are three more days for things and people to disappoint me, but so far, very, very good.  Glad I used all my credit card points for this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment