Saturday, April 27, 2024

Fuck This Excel Test

As part of my, uh, reactivation with my temp agency, I had to do two tests, one a speed-typing one, the other an Excel one.  I have done these before.  I think I do alright with the typing (even though I think I'm getting slower because I'm getting older).  But the Excel is one is always tricky.  I think I do alright when it comes to basic spreadsheet stuff.  But the assessments I have always taken for these in the past have tripped me up.  I have had a correct rate of 50%, give or take.

Leading up these tests I tried to find cheat videos.  But the ones I found had little to do with any of the tasks I had to figure out how to do.  But I had to get these tests done, so I just did them now while I'm here at the library.  And, suffice it to say, it sucked fucking big time.  The worst ones I had no clue how to do, even though I'm pressed to ever figure out a time when anyone in The Real World would need to, for example, text wrap a cell.  The one that kills me, however, is the one where I was asked to copy the date in one cell and paste it in the next cell.  I know how to do that, but as I tried copying-and-pasting, I got the two strikes against me that will tell the temp agency that I got this simple question wrong.

Well, fuck this shit.  I'm going to be offered temp data entry jobs that fifteen bucks an hour because of this goddamn Excel test.

No comments:

Post a Comment