Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Have Felt Fat Since Friday

I had the day off Friday.  Made the mistake of eating three times, each 90 minutes apart from each other.

I took the day off because I wanted to finally finish up my teeth cleaning at the University of Minnesota dental school.  The school has always recommended I finish get a ... what's it called, a varnish?  Insurance doesn't pay for it, but they say it revitalizes my enamel, and I should keep my teeth as strong as possible.

Unfortunately, as part of making sure the varnish sticks, I could not eat anything too hot, sticky or crunchy -- or alcohol -- for four-to-six hours.  That meant that my plans to eat a hamburger with potato chips and cocktail at this new dive bar (isn't that an oxymoron?) went out the window.  Or did it?  I decided that I may not be back there for a while, so I still went to the dive bar.  I just modified my order: I decided to upcharge my side from chips to french fries (the burger and chips are a lunchtime special) and drank water instead of alcohol.

However, I regularly check all my fast food apps, and Chick-Fil-A was giving out free chicken nuggets in conjunction with the Timberwolves playing in the NBA Playoffs.  I thought about just going to Chick-Fil-A, but ultimately decided I could eat a little at the dive bar, then eat a little at Chick-Fil-A.  I washed the nuggets down with a Cherry Berry Sunjoy, whatever that is.

I figured that whatever I eat for dinner at home I could cut back on, like a snack.  But dammit, that was the day Mother decided to make pho for us.  Normally I would it and scarf it down; it may be my favorite meal, definitely my favorite meal she makes.  Unfortunately, since I had a burger and fries and chicken nuggets and a sugary drink, I hit a brick wall when trying to finish.  Guess I shouldn't have asked for more soup, but Mother usually offers and I usually say yes.  Most of the added broth I couldn't eat, and there was some noodles and meat and green onions down at the bottom of the bowl I simply could not consume.  I feel ashamed.  Still do, days later.

And I haven't quite come down from feeling full since Friday.  That triple shot of meals over the course of three hours was a big, big mistake.  And I can feel it, and probably see it, whenever I look down at my fat belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment