Saturday, April 6, 2024

I'm Not Looking Forward To This Vacation??

Alright ... so I leave on vacation this afternoon, and yet I haven't really packed.  I mean, I have, but I don't have a clear idea of what I need to bring.  Well, I kind of do -- clothes, toiletries, score cards for Cardinals Games -- but before, I would actually write down a list of all things I was bringing, even the obvious items.  I'm not doing that for this.  It might be because I think I have what I want to bring in my head.  But honestly, I think some of it is laziness, and some of it I attribute to ... well, not looking forward to this vacation.

How can't I?  My main motivation is to chase the eclipse.  I'll expound on it later, but it's an awesome sight, and since it won't be coming around for another 20 years in the continental U.S., I should be anticipating it with eagerness.  But, I'm not.  I don't know, maybe it's the situation with the job, but I'm just so ... blah with everything.

Well, too late to back out now.  Besides, I know I will regret not doing this if I do the rash and stupid thing and cancel my vacation.  I just hope that when I leave for the airport, I don't forget anything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment