Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Tips For The Next Eclipse (Part I)

  1. If there is a place you want to go for the eclipse, get there early.  And when you think it's a good time to go, plan to go an hour before that.
  2. With that being said, if you've never been to the place you're going, all bets are off.  I had my heart set on a specific piece of what I think is farmland.  I didn't get to there in time for the eclipse, but I went down there anyway, just to prove to myself I can do what I set out to do (even if I didn't do it in time).  I went to a rural two-lane backway with fences all around.  I wouldn't have been able to even park, so even if I did get to there in time, I would have needed to find another place, and at that point I very well could have missed the eclipse.
You know, I think I have more tips, but I'm tired and I want to start on my Vacation Day Of Self-Care.  If there are other rules I can think up, I'll blog post them when I get to my day hunting the eclipse.  But this is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment