Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sidelined This Week

For the first time in months, if not years, I am scheduled for a full week away from The Fourth Department.  Lot of changes for me, even though I started off with such a schedule.  I cannot help but think that my boss is sidelining me because of all the overtime I am forced to accrue back there.  And so that, to me, seems like a demotion.  And I don't like that.

On the other hand, I don't have to worry about him getting on my case over OT.  The Main Department is very time-controlled; unless that day's work doesn't get done, overtime there is next to impossible unless it's allowed for some other work that needs to be done.  But I don't want to feel relieved that my boss can't yell at me anymore because that would make me feel like a coward for not being able to put up with his crap.  So, no, I shouldn't like this week, especially since I now need to wake up an hour early, which I hate.

The only other upside (which has nothing to do with my boss) is that I get to go home immediately after work at a certain time.  That means, ironically, I have time to not go home and instead watch, say, Dune 2, or talk to my therapist over the phone.  I will probably complain to him about how I hate my job and need to find a new one.  Yeah, that's what I'm going to do after work this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment