Saturday, July 13, 2024

Buying Tickets For The Game

So I had been organizing a group of us alumni to watch the football team they come up here in October.  I finally got the link through which we can buy tickets yesterday/Friday, and after getting emotionally wiped out helping Mother with some Internet stuff, I sent out the link to everyone who wanted to get tickets around 11:30 p.m.

I have two things to be anxious for.  One, I thought I had 100 tickets pledged, but there was enough waffling whereby I didn't go for that discount and instead went for one that had a slightly larger group rate.  If I went for that triple-digit group rate and somehow fewer than 100 tickets were sold, I would have needed to buy enough tickets to get to 100.  And since this is a college football Game, they can get expensive.  On the other hand, I am scared that once I give the link out -- not just to everyone who said they want to buy tickets, but to, well, everyone -- I will zoom past 100 tickets, and so I just made everyone pay more for tickets than they should have.

Two, a lot of the group want to sit together, and I was told that many of the seats in the stadium were sold to the point where finding large blocks of seats for us was well nigh impossible.  But I still tried my best, somehow, to help people who want to sit together to sit together, even though I don't know if it's working.  People have already bought tickets, of course.  I can bring up a spreadsheet of which people bought and where, and it looks as though they're sitting anywhere they want.  I say this because someone from the group is watching solo, but it would make sense that I, who is also going solo, would sit with him.  So forgoing large groups, I am trying to reach him to somehow coordinate buying seats alongside him.  I texted him for the first time ever just now.  I'm friendly with him, though I can't say that we're close friends.  I hope that we can talk and find seats together that we are both happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment