Sunday, July 28, 2024

Yeah, so many little regrets over yesterday ... first, I got to the party about 45 minutes late because I stayed for the "Race Of The Century," which turned into a coronation for Ariarne Titmus, who beat Summer McIntosh, both of whom left Katie Ledecky in the dust.  And I knew that probably would be the case because that is what many people were predicting would happen, and I should have listened to them, but I didn't, so that was why I was late to the party ... even though I was blog posting and looking up the lowest gas prices in town during the race.

Should've taken more pictures at the party, too, and better ones than the ones I took.  In particular I should've asked that all the new students get their picture taken together.  Then again, I didn't want to kill the vibe of the party and I didn't want to make the new students nervous.  The party is for them, after all.  Did they know I was taking pictures, and that I would be posting them on social media?  Should've asked that beforehand.  Maybe I would have had more authority and more initiative to take pictures if I had shown up earlier.  But since I wasn't the host, maybe it wasn't within my rights to show up first thing.  Also, would I have stepped over my perceived bounds if I just declared, "I am the picture taker!  Stand over there and smile, and I will post these on Instagram!"  And so I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment