Tuesday, July 9, 2024

When Am I Gonna Leave Again?

So at work yesterday/Monday I had to deal with a client who says she doesn't need to give a piece of information I need in order to help her with what she wants.  She is being incessant, pesky, even exasperated.  And here I am thinking I'm taking crazy pills not moving forward with this unless and until she gives me what I need.

Or think I need.  Neither my supervisor or boss was working yesterday/Monday, so I forwarded the e-mail containing this snippy retort to them.  I was hoping they would take time out of their days off to help me, but it's understandable they didn't.  More likely, they'll come in to work (I think they'll come in to work before me), see the e-mail, and take care of it.  And dammit, if I did something wrong -- and, in particular, if I shouldn't have held things up -- I will definitely hear about it.

When I took this job I didn't know customer service was going to be something I needed to do.  Then, when blindsided that, yes, I will need to talk to people I don't know, I felt boxed in.  Ultimately, I decided to stay on because hey, I need the pay and the benefits.  Then, I figured this is OK because I'm dealing with a pool of people who know what I need in order for me to help them, not a bunch of strangers who are going to rip my head off because they don't know me.

That familiarity is reaching its end point, I feel.  There are people to whom I need to contact that I still have not spoken to ever.  And as few and far between the run-ins are, they still accumulate, and this issue is yet another one.  It is getting exhausting to deal with, and this is yet another reason for me to get off my butt and look for another line of work.

By the way, I took a quick peek into LinkedIn.  Some intriguing ones, and I think a few of them are full-time, but some of the companies I have never heard of.  Can any fly-by-night companies just come on to LinkedIn and offer jobs that may not be real?

No comments:

Post a Comment