Saturday, August 13, 2016

Oh My Fucking God, They Fucked Me Again!!!

You know, I would think I would learn after a point about this company.  Just about a year after a scoring project I actually quit another scoring project for and one I thought was going to last two weeks abruptly ended after three days, I was told yesterday that the scoring project that I am working on (which, thankfully, I didn't quit another job for) would last less than the 3 1/2 weeks they said it would last.  Much less: It ends Thursday.  And we aren't supposed to come in Monday.  So that's Tuesday through Thursday of next week (and it probably won't last all the way through Thursday, like we were let go early yesterday afternoon) -- six days, maybe five days if you want to get technically.  Five-six days of a project they initially slated for 18 days maximum.

And I am so goddamn mad at myself for not seeing this coming.  Well, not really seeing this coming.  As I've said before, for all projects that I get from these two scoring companies, I halve the projected length of the project (if the number of days projected is an odd number, I round up.  Small potatoes.)  That is the amount of time I know, for certain, that project will last; anything beyond that is gravy.  It's a way of not being disappointed if a project falls a day or two short, which usually happened in projects when I began this "career."

In the interest of painting a full picture, that occurrence of falling a day or two short has not happened often lately.  Projects nowadays have offered overtime and, sometimes, projects still go over.  There were two big projects I worked for the "new" scoring place.  The one I left the old scoring place for went over by a day, and we worked Saturday in order to finish that.  And in the other, I think we actually went over by 2 1/2 days.  And in both we worked Saturdays and were allowed to work extended hours for each day during the week.  Overtime galore.

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that more hours for some projects makes up for cut hours in others, such as this one.  First of all, I don't feel as though things "even out" because the projected end dates for this one and the one last year were both grossly overestimated, and I do not believe for one second they couldn't predict a more accurate end date.  And second of all, even with my "halve" theory, I should be working on this project for nine days.  We didn't even reach that, just like the one last year where I got fucked over.  I don't think it's beyond their ability or any sense of decency to figure out a more accurate end date that won't be so misleading.

I have to admit that I feel really burned.  The only time I thought, "Hey, what happens if I get caught early?" was when I figured out that we at most will work only nine days, after which I decided to buy a small bottle of creamer instead of a large one.  But what happened last year -- working mere days instead of weeks -- never occurred to me, and it should have.  So yes, I guess I should have seen this coming.  But I still don't think this company has been completely honorable nor competent when treating their test scorers the correct way when it comes to this.

The only positive I can take from this is that I now have free time.  And I feel so ashamed of getting screwed like this that I am trying to be pretty damn productive with time I thought would be spent earning a paycheck.  After work yesterday afternoon (I was done at a quarter to 3) I went to Diamonds and worked on my receipts over a cup of coffee.  I spent most of my day today writing them in my Franklin Quest.  Between now and Monday I should be working on the Expenses Without Receipts blog post that I have not updated since, gulp, June 27.  I don't feel like going to a strip club spending money between now and Tuesday when I thought I would be making money.  Besides, I don't have any money to spend; I think it's best if I just buy a cup of coffee and park myself on a seat for half the day catching up on paperwork.  Something good has to come from this.

The more this happens to me, the more tiresome it gets, I tell you. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment