Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Does Anyone Do Those Surveys At The Back Of Those Fast Food/Restaurants Receipts? They're Getting To Be Ripoffs

So I got cut from work real early from the day scoring project.  There was just no work.  So after being told to come in at 8:30, at around 10:45 we were told to leave.  Moreover, we were told to not come back tomorrow until 10, at which point we will start on a brand-new project.

Alright.  I spent my afternoon watching Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (a great movie, much better than Vol. 1), buying candy for the night scoring project, going to Arby's and taking advantage of their Happy Hour for the first time ever, and taking a nap before blogging about this here.  This is something I want to blog about.

I always take my receipts because I keep track of my expenses.  You may have noticed this, but on the back of many receipts from fast food restaurants there are invitations to either call or go online to fill out a customer satisfaction survey.  If you do, they say you can get something.

I literally have dozens of them stuffed in my computer bag back home.  I promise myself that I'll go through them, and although I have from time to time, I haven't done it in some time.  Maybe if I'm back on the dole, I'll do it, because then I'll need it.

In a way.  You see, back several years ago, if you filled out a survey, chances are they'll give you a free sandwich (provided you buy something else, such as a drink).  Free food for telling people my opinion?  Sweet!  But over the past few, several years many fast food restaurants have changed that prize to an entry to a sweepstakes where you can win $1,000 or some shit I never win.  Since I never win, I don't think I've filled out one of those surveys in some time.

So, I think it's time to make a list of fast food joints, as well as sit-down restaurants, I go to and the prize you get for filling out their surveys, either food or money.  I will highlight in bold the ones I like.  That's not necessarily all-food prizes, as you shall see.  And I hope this is both correct and up-to-date; if it is not either, I might update it at a future date, but don't hold me to that.

Here is the list:
  • McDonald's: BOGO (Buy One, Get One) on Quarter Pounders or Egg McMuffins
  • Burger King: Free Whopper with the purchase of fries and drink, or hash browns and coffee
  • Wendy's: $2 off a large sandwich or full-size salad (ETA at 11:13 a.m. on May 24 that I found a more recent receipt and they've changed the prize to a BOGO sandwich.  So now I do not want to do Wendy's surveys.)
  • Subway: They say it's a food reward, but I got it redeemed once; it's a cookie
  • Taco Bell: $500 sweepstakes
  • Arby's: $1,000 sweepstakes
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken/A&W: Free Go Cup with the purchase of a drink
  • Pizza Hut: Sweepstakes including $1,000
  • Culvers: Free single dish or cake cone with any purchase
  • Dairy Queen: Free Dilly Bar
  • Caribou: $1 off a medium or large hand-crafted beverage
  • Dunkin' Donuts: Free donut with the purchase of a medium or large drink
  • Sonic: Free Route 44
  • Jamba Juice: A free beverage with the purchase of a menu drink
  • Checkers: Free sandwich with the purchase of a large drink
  • Charley's: Free fry and drink with the purchase of a sub
  • Hard Rock Cafe: $5 off any $25 order
  • Buffalo Wild Wings: $5 off any $25 order
  • Old Chicago: Free Tavern Bites with any purchase
Hmmm ... so the survey prizes I don't like are the ones where you enter into a drawing, have to buy a lot in order to get a discount, involve desserts, or the ones where you need to buy one thing in order to get one of the very same thing.  In my humble opinion.  The ones that are worth it are getting few and far between.  Also in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment