Thursday, December 5, 2013

Addendum To: Addendum To: First Snowstorm Of The Year Sucks

Well, I was able to start the snowblower without a problem.  And in fact it did a very good job clearing my driveway!  I was afraid it was going to lurch to the right, which it seemed to do when I tried testing it out with Father shortly before they left on their cruise, but I couldn't detect that problem tonight.  The only thing that I could complain about was that the tires slipped on the icy surface a lot.  That's OK, I just had to either push the snowblower or avoid the icy patch and continue blowing.

And blow it did.  After an hour I got done.  It was so easy and quick that I decided that instead of leaving the snow that piled around my cars, I would move both and shovel the rest away before the cold kicks in tonight and makes it all but impossible to remove.

But I quickly tired of pushing the heavy, wet snow.  I took out one of the flimsy measuring sticks I got at the Minnesota State Fair from my trunk and sank it into a few spots: 5 3/4 here, 6 1/2 there, so we got about half a foot of snow today.  I ain't gonna shovel that shit without getting pissed off, so after a few more tries, I decided, What the hell, I'll start the snowblower up again.  Totally worth burning up the extra gas to make clearing my driveway in total a cinch.

The downside is that I had to take just about four hours to do that, then to shovel the back deck, then to put down salt to prevent ice from building up in places both in the front and back that I walk onto.  (I had to take a break inbetween because snowblowing made me hungry -- finished off the rest of the salad, finally got around to hitting the beans, ate the entire pail of fried rice in the fridge portion, washing it all down with a Coke.  And I'm back to being fat again.)  I could have used this evening to catch up on my writing, or fill out that stock claim form for my parents that's due next week.  I do feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment for being able to use the snowblower and to clear the house of snow.  However, I had to sacrifice a bunch of other things I should do, many of which I've put off for far too long.

I need to get a handjob after all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment