Saturday, December 7, 2013

College Football Anti-Picks, Week 15

Record, Week 14: 4-5
Total Record: 48-62-2
Total Outlay, Week 14: $600.00
Total Winnings, Week 14: $572.71
Loss, Week 14: $27.29
Overall Loss: $556.11

Jesus fuck, I could not make any headway this week, or most weeks this year, really.  I don't remember how I did previous years, but coming into the last week of the college football regular season, I don't think I've been so deep in debt.

I'm not too unhappy with my picks.  I'm kind of surprised that Florida St. just covered over Florida, and I'm kind of made Louisiana-Lafayette not only did not cover but lost Straight-Up against Louisiana-Monroe.  Oh, and Boston College failed to cover against (and actually lost to) Syracuse, meaning the trend that Covers talked about last week went 1-2.  Since I also put those Eagles and Ragin' Cajun bets in a $50 parlay, I wound up under last week, although I would have to work on fixing the rest of my debt even if the parlay did come through.

---

With the last week of the regular season and me being behind, I have this things I always do.  Screw getting a profit, my goal at this bad of a position is to lay as much money as needed to erase my debt on one game.  I've lost a couple times, but I think I've won more often than I've lost.

So, which of Saturday's games do I throw myself onto in order to erase my deficit?  Up until now I had my heart set on Florida St.  But I realized that have little motivation to trounce Duke in order to ensure its spot in the Mythical National Championship.  Also, while I don't think the Blue Devils will win, they are ranked, and I believe more and more that they can cover the, what, 29 1/2-point spread.

I then migrated to Baylor, giving 15 1/2 to Texas.  They host the Longhorns, which is a good thing.  But these are no longer the underachieving Longhorns earlier in the year.  Plus, the Bears seem to have trouble covering, so I decided to avoid that one.

But how about the Bears-Longhorns Over 71.5?  Both teams can score, but 71.5?  I also see that rain is forecast for the game, possibly suppressing scoring.  I probably thought the Over because I remember Baylor running up the score earlier in the year ... and it's now later in the year.

I have two options left: Arizona St. -3 or South Alabama -3.  The Sun Devils may be the best team in the Pac-12, and they get Stanford at home in a bid to avenge their defeat to the Cardinal earlier in the year.  But this is the same Stanford club that was able to roll 60 on Cal.  Meanwhile, Covers shows that all the trends favor South Alabama in its home game against Louisiana-Lafayette.

So, which game will I finally settle on?

1) Arizona St. -3 (Cal is awful, so maybe that's the reason Stanford crushed the Bears.  And while it's risky to use the transitive property in college football, Arizona St. beat USC, which beat Stanford.  Finally, I continue to learn and re-learn that I should not bet on games between teams I don't follow, and I don't have the ability to follow teams not from the BcS Six-Now-Five) $650

Good luck ... to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment