Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Addendum To: First Snowstorm Of The Year Sucks

And this was as bad as advertised.  This wasn't one of those 2-3" storms that grooves us into the winter driving season.  A city just north of us got half a foot.  Winter came, y'all, and the drive home and the ensuing clearing of snow fucking blows.

The one saving grace is that my commute home from work is relatively short, and I can use side streets so I won't feel my heart in my throat while on 55 on the highway in such treacherous weather.  Drove without incident, and the total time it took to get home was only a few minutes longer than usual.

Now I wait to clear the driveway.  Parents bought a new snowblower, but I'm scared that I won't be able to control it, or that it won't work.  I don't mind shoveling; there's no doubt that you'll clear the area of snow that way, and it's good exercise as long as you pace yourself.  I would have done that, in fact, if the storm dropped only a few inches of snow.  But six inches of that stuff?  Have to try the snowblower.  Hope it works.

A weatherwoman told me that I should plow now because it'll get cold very soon.  But I'm tired.  I'll risk going to bed first.

No comments:

Post a Comment