Thursday, December 19, 2013

Need To Try This Post Scheduling

I am writing this a bit after 12:30 in the morning, but Blogger has this feature where you can set a time in the future to automatically publish something you're writing but don't want to release yet.  I don't know if there are any practically uses for it, but I have a personal one: Keeping up my promise to write on Wailing And Failing at least once a day.

Guys, working so early in the morning and feeling so wiped out at the end of the day, mixed in with other things I need to do, makes it increasingly difficult to find the time to write something daily.  So I'm experimenting with ... fudging a little bit.  If I find the time to write something at, say, a couple hours before midnight, and I know that I will be so busy that there's very little chance I can write something tomorrow, and I already have published something today, why don't I just whip up something now and store for a predetermined release time the next day?  I get to keep my promise while having time to do the other things I need to do.

Is it circumventing the write-every-day ethos I had in mind when I started WAF?  Yes.  So ... I might feel guilty later, guilty to the point of actually dropping everything else and writing something later today.  But at the very least I want to try this "time bomb" blog post, just to see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment