Sunday, December 15, 2013

NFL Anti-Picks, Week 15

Record, Week 14: 6-1
Overall Record: 41-49
Total Outlay, Week 14: $600.00
Total Winnings, Week 14: $1,302.42
Gain, Week 14: $702.42

Overall Loss: $547.35

Finally, I have a week that was really good!  In fact, I don't know if I've had as a good of a week prognosticating this season.  I didn't have good vibes on most of the picks I made.  Like I said, I was so demoralized losing week after week that last week was another of those weeks where I said, "Fuck it, I'll go with a hunch, no matter how faint."  And that apparently was good enough.  My only miss was picking Atlanta to beat Green Bay in Green Bay Straight-Up, and even then they only lost 22-21.

I am really happy that I hit the three-legged parlay of Cincinnati -7, Atlanta +3 and Denver -12.  I feel safe in saying it's the first NFL parlay I've hit all year, and definitely the first one that involves three teams.  With a big assist from that, as well as "betting" $150 on the Bengals and Broncos lines, I was able to lop my debt by more than half -- 56.2%, to be exact.  I'm not totally out of the darkness, but I can sure see the light now!

---

So, hopefully I won't slip back into the abyss by making dumb moves this week:

1) New England -1 (With Denver ceding control of home-field advantage throughout the AFC Playoffs, I don't think the Patriots are going to give it right back by losing to Miami, even if it's in Miami.  This team has been doing it with spit and baling wire; somehow they are going to get home-field.  Best Bet this) $100

2) Tampa Bay +5 (Home dog.  Plus they host San Francisco.  The jury is out on whether West Coast teams playing East Coast games [in particular ones in the early window of noon Central Time] do poorly [at least Against The Spread].  I think that the Buccaneers are good enough right now not to be a pushover) $50

3) New York Giants +7 (Similarly, Seattle has to travel cross-country to visit Big Blue.  I still think the Seahawks are the class of the NFC, but there are a lot of ways New York can fit into the big, juicy line) $50

4) Carolina -10 (It's getting to be scary how locked and loaded the Panthers seem to be now.  Pity the poor New York Jets, who have to travel to Charlotte with a very shaky Geno Smith at Quarterback.  Best Bet this) $100

5) Best Bet Parlay: 1) with 4), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment