Monday, December 30, 2013

Noises

For the past couple of weeks, once in a while I would hear a loud boom coming from somewhere down in the basement.  First time I was startled by it was when my ATF ***e* came over to give me a handjob; once we got done and got dressed we heard a loud "BOOM!" as if someone had been eavesdropping on us.  I think that in that case it came from my/upstairs bathroom.  There is a shelf in the closet that isn't resting on the feet pegged to the sides quite right.  Plus there's a lot of stuff on it, so I think that shelf got weighed down and tipped over.

But there is this other sound that did not come from upstairs.  I've been kind of shocked whenever I hear it.  It sounds as if someone's trying to get in, which makes me reluctant to go downstairs to find out what that noise is.  But I eventually do ... but by then it's too late to find out what's going on.  The last time this happened was this evening, which was when I was using the dryer.  Therefore I think it could have something to do with that.  Also, the wind is howling outside, and actually it has been howling all winter.  That gusting may be lifting one of the boards Father stored underneath the deck, and once the wind dies down, that board slams against one of the basement windows or the side of the house.

Other theories include something in the basement or an animal.  Either of those scenarios is something I would rather not investigate to the point of ignoring altogether in the hopes it'll just go away.  But if I die and I stop updating Wailing And Failing, you read my fears here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment