Sunday, December 1, 2013

NFL Anti-Picks, Week 13

Record, Week 12: 4-2
Overall Record: 31-44
Total Outlay, Week 12: $500.00
Total Winnings, Week 12: $572.70
Gain, Week 12: $72.70

Overall Loss: $1,217.92

It started off promising, with four wins in a row.  I got back $300 in wagers, and obviously in retrospect I wish I bet, like, a grand on each.  Nevertheless I was hoping to put more of a serious dent in my four-digit debt until I missed two -2 1/2 covers on the Giants and Broncos.  Both games were close.  Dallas came back on a game-ending drive-turned-field goal, while New England -- well, that was one hell of a game and one bad goddamn choke job by the Broncos.  Winning those games wasn't going to erase my whole debt, but the meager gains from those wins would have been better than losing $200.  Therefore I won an amount scant enough to be less than my take-home pay from my temp job for the day.  I'll take it, but I'm still a grand short.

---

I have to get up early.  Oh, by the way, I just avoided those people at work as much as possible.  They returned the favor by not speaking to me.  I don't think we made eye contact at all.  That's fine, I guess.  If they don't respect me after all I did for them, I'll just earn my money and call it a fucking day.  Ungrateful he-bitches:

1) Chicago +1 (I have no idea why the Minnesota Vikings are favored.  Yes, they are at home.  But that defense remains a sieve and the Bears defense is still pretty good.  Do the oddsmakers know something I don't?  I doubt it.  So I'll Best Bet this Against The Spread ...) $100

2) Chicago M/L -58 (... and bet an equal amount on Da Bears Straight-Up.  Might as well do a hondo if the line is that tiny) $100

3) New England -7 (Visiting a reeling and listless Houston squad.  The Patriots should be rolling after pulling off that miracle last Sunday against Denver ... but I'll bet small, just in case) $50

4) Jacksonville +7 (The Jaguars go to Cleveland to face a Browns team forced to go back to Brandon Weeden at Quarterback after the loss of Jason Campbell due to injury.  Is it possible Jax is actually playing good football right now?  Best Bet this) $100

5) Atlanta +3 1/2 (They face the Buffalo Bills in the Bills' annual home game in Toronto.  Covers notes that Buffalo is terrible playing up north, winning only once ATS and SU since beginning this arrangement five years ago, and today they will face a dome team in a domed stadium.  Because the Falcons have been so putrid, I'll bet small) $50

6) Denver -6 (This rematch against the Chiefs, played in Kansas City, is losing steam really fast.  Despite the heart-attack loss to New England Sunday, the Broncos are playing a lot better lately than K.C., which seems to have lost their mojo in back-to-back losses.  I don't think they get it back in this AFC showdown.  Best Bet this) $100

7) Seattle -5 (New Orleans is potent in the air, but I don't think Drew Brees et al. will have a chance connecting through the air in that incredibly loud and hostile environment.  Plus their defense, while opportunistic in getting turnovers, is pretty bad in preventing yardage gains, something the Seahawks should be able to do at will against them.  Best Bet this) $100

8) Parlay 3) with 6), and since I'm way behind, parlay it for $100.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment