Saturday, November 30, 2013

College Football Anti-Picks, Week 14

Record, Week 13: 2-8
Total Record: 44-57-2
Total Outlay, Week 13: $700.00
Total Winnings, Week 13: $381.80
Loss, Week 13: $318.20
Overall Loss: $528.82

This was a serious step back.  There wasn't one thing that doomed me.  UCLA effed up their chance at taking the lead late.  I don't know what the hell got into Oregon, but they got walloped by Arizona.  Nor do I know how Oklahoma St. managed to tame Baylor and keep the score Under 78.  I correctly guessed that Minnesota would cover and Stanford would blow out Cal, but all in all, I am back in a deep hole.

---

Logged onto VEF for the first time in almost 11 days, and I jerked off into my parents' shower to try and shake off my anxiousness over tomorrow and Sunday.  Didn't help; I'm still nervous as fuck.  With that, onto my picks:

1) Memphis -8 1/2 (I remember when the Tigers were one of the worst football programs in top-flight.  Now that label might go to Temple, which hasn't been the same since Al Golden left for Miami.  The Owls visit Bluff City, and for some reason I think Senior Day is going to be a good one for Memphians) $50

2) Florida St. -28 (Jameis Winston is trying to shore up his Heisman credentials [while trying to keep his off-the-field issues off the field].  The Seminoles are trying to maintain their place in the Mythical National Championship Game.  Florida is banged up.  They just lost to second-division Coastal Carolina.  People are clamoring for Will Muschamp's head.  And Florida St. has the weapons to embarrass their rivals at The Swamp.  Rivalry games may be tricky, but I don't think Florida can fight back.  Double Best Bet this) $150

3) Utah St. -24 (OK, according to this article on Covers, fade underdogs who are one win away from being bowl-eligible.  That list includes Wyoming, which, by the way, will be visiting Utah St.) $50

4) Baylor -13 1/2 (All I got is host TCU is no good this year and I need bets to win in order to get out of debt) $50

5) New Mexico St. -3 (Oh, look -- the last two football members of the Western Athletic Conference who were forced to go independent this year, playing against each other!  You know in phy. ed., where the last two people not picked were forced to play together?  That's what this game feels like.  So I don't have any particular angle on this, I just wanted to note the novelty.  I'm betting the Aggies over visiting Idaho because I watched a football game in New Mexico St. once) $50

6) Boston College -2 1/2 (What goes for Wyoming goes the same for Syracuse, although they are hosting the Eagles, which kind of scares me.  Who is this Running Back they keep talking about?) $50

7) Louisiana-Lafayette -15 (What goes for Wyoming and Syracuse apparently goes double for road team Louisiana-Monroe.  An underdog going up against a team with a .700 winning percentage have lost every single game Straight-Up and lost all but once Against The Spread.  Although the other team that falls into this category is San Jose St., which upset Fresno St. Friday night, I'll Best Bet this) $100

8) Missouri -4 1/2 (I think the Tigers claim the SEC East if they beat Texas A&M at home.  They have a very good defense which should stifle Johnny Manziel) $50

9) This Covers three-leg parlay: 3), 6) and 7), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment