Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dreading This Weekend

I'm telling you, even though it's irrational, I'm dreading working the game this weekend.  I really am.  I have to face those fucking assholes who are nothing but entitled, power-tripping dicks to me.  What will they do for an encore, those throne-sitting, shitting-into-a-golden-bucket schlubs?

I worked the national Thursday game for the Vikings as well.  And since I had time, I wanted to get the situation with the banners straightened out.  They've always been a challenge -- and it ain't easy, asshole, why don't you fucking do it? -- and so I took a half-hour to find a place where I could put them up with no complications, places where they would stay in place, won't get ripped down, and won't be placed on top of anything it shouldn't be.  I've done it before, with some complications, but never to the impossible standards these guys suddenly have after years of being cool with where the banners are placed before.

The alarming thing is, there is none.  The places that are taken up by other things that can't be covered.  All the other empty spots are places where I can't put up the banner without tape, which this crew suddenly doesn't like.  So there are no spots.  I'm done.  It's done.  I can't do it.  I'll just piss them off again, and that's without knowing how highly they regard me after the last time I worked with them.  They could insult me this Saturday, the day before the game, and the back-and-forth between us could be so toxic I could easily see me fighting back and their insults, getting into a fight with these jerk-offs, and being fired.  I don't what to lose this job -- these guys, after all of this, paid me even more than before! -- but I'm not going to take any shit from them if I think it's unfair or bullying.

And this is on top of a very busy week.  I could use four days off.  Shit, everybody can.  But for the Vikings game I'll be up early in the morning Saturday and Sunday.  Before they left Mother said to wake up early Black Friday because she wanted me to buy a couple choppers for her.  And I'm up now, Thanksgiving Day, because my body still isn't rid of the sleep schedule from work.  By the time all this bullshit is done I'll have to wake up at 6 in the morning fucking again ... assuming I still have a job there, which isn't 100%.  I want to sleep in, goddammit, and I can't!

Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment