Saturday, November 23, 2013

Free-Floating Anxiety

I should be happy that my parents are leaving on their vacation soon and I'll have the run of the house for the holidays.  But helping my folks prepare for Europe has been a challenge, and I still don't know if they're going to be safe over there, especially during the days when no relative, such as my sister or uncle, is there to help them navigate and they're out all on their own.  I kind of feel like a parent seeing off his or her child at the first day of school: I'm nervous but also excited for them.

Complicating all of this is the paperwork, namely the bills, I'll need to take care of for them while they're away.  They have so fucking many.  Worst of all is that I have to track them in order to pay them.  Some of them are through the mail -- and in that, some of them she wants me to pay two months in advance, some a year, some with this checking account, others with that checking account, blah-blah-blah.  And don't get me started with the online payments.  There are, like, a fucking dozen I'll need pay for, each one of them with its own username and password.  She has them down somewhere, but even then I don't think I'll get it right.

One other thing I need to worry about is the next Vikings game.  The same production crew is doing the game, with the same bullying assholes who shocked me with their disrespect.  I don't know what to expect from them, but I'm hoping they'll be professional.  I should be happy that I'm working regardless, but hey, if they turn out to be just as bad or even worse, that's a lot of shit that'l stay with me to the next Vikings game ... which they may also be working.  Fuck my life.

Oh, and Mother just asked me to wake up at 6 in the morning Black Friday to buy her two choppers.  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment