Sunday, November 10, 2013

NFL Anti-Picks, Week 10

Record, Week 9: 2-6
Overall Record: 22-36
Total Outlay, Week 9: $650.00
Total Winnings, Week 9: $286.35
Loss, Week 9: $363.65

Overall Loss: $1,062.73

I'm getting close!  Well, OK, it wasn't a good week for me at all, but I am getting close.  Bad beats are usually signs your betting day is ruined, but for a guy who's been down so long it seems like up to me, I'll take last week as a sign of progress.

Nevertheless, I don't remember the last time I was so close and yet so far.  The bets of San Diego beating Washington Against The Spread and Straight-Up was seemingly a foregone conclusion when the Chargers were at Washington's doorstep late in the game.  But they basically fucked up the play-calling to the point where it looked like they settled for a tie and overtime all along.  That was stupid because Washington won the toss and were able to take the ball all the way into the end zone for the win.  I should have won both bets.  Also, I bet on the Cleveland Browns and the Bastard Cleveland Browns battling to a combined score Under 41.5.  I am glad that Cleveland got revenge on Baltimore.  Too bad that they won 24-18.

Meanwhile, I was so sure that Seattle would drub Tampa Bay on their way to covering its -14 1/2 that I was willing to fake-lay $200 on that result, the most I've spent on a game, NFL or college, this year.  And boo-hoo for me, the Seahawks only managed to beat the Buccaneers by a field goal.  In overtime.  The extra session sealed the loss for me.  Now I'm hearing that Seattle's offensive line is all banged up.  Why didn't I get to hear this sooner?

So I am now more than a grand in the red.  Yippee.

---

I don't know what I'm doing:

1) New York Giants -7 (It's possible the Giants finally know what they're doing.  Visiting Oakland, meanwhile, is Oakland.  Because I'm so down in the hole, Best Bet this) $100

2) Tennessee -13 (I really could have used Jacksonville last week.  This week they visit The Bastard Houston Oilers, and they could be the team that challenges Indianapolis for the AFC South.  Regardless, I don't know if the Jaguars could beat Alabama right now.  Best Bet this) $100

3) Pittsburgh -3 (It looks like the AFC is much better than the NFC this year, and therefore the AFC representative will win the Super Bowl.  Saying that, it seems that AFC team Oakland will always be bad, and so will Buffalo, which is visiting the Steel City for their game) $50

4) St. Louis +9 1/2 (I'm convinced that The Bastard Cleveland-By-Way-Of-Los Angeles Rams have a good offensive line and running game.  The Bastard Baltimore Colts still are underrated, in my opinion, and this game will be played in Indianapolis.  But this is the NFL, where screwy results always happen.  I'm not prepared to say the Rams will win, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'll cover -- and what the hell, I'll Best Bet this) $100

5) Denver -7 (Broncos are in a class virtually by themselves, and they'll have no trouble putting away the Chargers in San Diego.  Triple Best Bet this) $150

6) Tampa Bay +2 1/2 (I don't know.  These Bucs are terrible, but they are hosting the Miami Dolphins, who obviously are in disarray.  Plus this is a home underdog situation.  So I will Best Bet this ATS ...) $100

7) Tampa Bay M/L +117 (... and then bet on them SU.) $50

8) Hail Mary: Parlay 2) with 5), for $150.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment