Saturday, December 28, 2013

Addendum To: Check Engine Light's On In My Car

Since that Saturday two weeks ago, when all of a sudden the Check Engine light went on in my car, I have not seen it again.  I've driven it to a house party out in Maple Grove, I've even driven it in the snow Christmas Eve down to Southdale and up to my brother and sister-in-law's place.  While preparing myself to freak out over seeing it while driving on the highway, and even though the Low Oil Level light is going off all the time, the Check Engine Light is nowhere to be seen.

I was going to bring the car in if it continued to light up, but that would make no sense now.  A mechanic can't figure out what's the problem if the indicator light does not indicate there is a problem.  So maybe it can only come on again when the circumstances are aligned again.  For example, when it came on a couple weeks ago it was very cold, and it's going to be ridicuoulsly cold all of next week (one day the high will only reach 0; another day it'll stay below 0).  Or, maybe it was just an anomaly, a sign that my car is just friggin' old.  But till then, I won't sweat it because I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment