Saturday, April 19, 2014

Five Things Today

1) Don't tell my folks this.  Mother left me a float of money because she wants to round up any checks that come in for them to the next dollar.  Well, as long as there's free money at home, I might as put it in my checking account, right?  It's safe in there, I can accrue more interest if there's more money in my account, if I know they're coming I can easily go to the bank and take it back out, and, most importantly, I can feel good that I have money in my account, even if it's a lie.  Now I just hope I don't forget the amount of money I put into my checking account.

2) I finally reached today, the day I can bring my car in to get that litany of problems looked at.  Hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg, but even if it does, since I'm working at the moment I have some money to throw at the problem(s).  I'm also very fortunate that I have the house to myself and my parents' minivan at my disposal.  It is even a luxury to have my car in the shop and not skip a beat.

3) With having to walk home and not really having anything to do, at least not until 11:30's English Premier League game (Sunderland @ Chelsea, FYI) on free NBC, I decided this was the time to try out the food at the cafeteria at the hospital.  Now what person just decides to eat at the hospital cafeteria?  I think I remember eating at this place one time because Grandmother was there.

The one problem was I had to fit this in in the 10 o'clock hour.  I find that hour to be weirdest time to eat.  Before that, even a quarter to 10, you can see yourself eating breakfast.  And to me, 11 always meant you can start eating lunch.  But 10?  What's that?  Maybe it's a great time for brunch, but today's Saturday, not Sunday.

The cafeteria also recognizes this hour as no-man's land, because when I got there they weren't ready for lunch, yet there were no breakfast items to eat besides any prepared food you could get from a grocery store.  They did, however, have soup out, and a few minutes they got the salad bar set up, so I kind of broke my rules and ate a lunch, a soup and salad, before 11.  Forgive me.

Oh, and the irony is I missed the beginning of the match.  I was in the bathroom, having a scatological moment after eating that soup and salad.

4) Yesterday Father told me that I need to contact the contractor that redid the house last year.  Apparently a pipe broke and Father only trusts this guy to fix it.

The problem came when I asked Father what this guy's name is.  "I don't know," he said, "He just calls me buddy."  How the hell don't you know the name of a stranger you allowed into your home for two months?

5) Father has asked me to send him the sleeping pills he forgot to pack.  He'd damn well better not nag me if I forget something at home when I'm travelling.

He doesn't want me to send the bottle; he wants me to put the pills in a flat bag, then put the bag in an envelope.  Makes sense, but I hope it's not so fat that sending it will cost more than a stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment