Sunday, April 20, 2014

NCAA Tournament Anti-Picks, Final

Record, Round Six: 0-1
Overall Record: 14-27-1
Total Outlay, Round Six: $200.00
Total Winnings, Round Six: $0
Loss, Round Six: $200.00
Overall Loss: $355.93

Well, that sucked.  I was sure that Kentucky would win by outscoring UConn.  I was also sure that UConn would win by holding down the score against Kentucky.  Whether the total would go Over or Under the total of 134.5 would depend on who I think will win.  And since I had no idea on which team would win since I didn't think either team would even reach the championship game, well, I was left with a shot in the dark.  I went with the Over because I thought the final score before the tournament began would be Florida 70, Arizona 69.

And it turns out that the Huskies won and they did it by ... well, the Wildcats missing so many free throws late helped a lot, but UConn controlled Kentucky and bent them to their slow pace.  In this most unpredictable of Big Dances, it ends the way it begins: With me picking wrong for the wrong reasons.  Sorry guys, but goddammit, if Florida had only beaten the spread against Dayton instead of merely pushing, I would have enough money to stop picking instead of going through two more rounds of humiliation.  Well, I shouldn't sorry to those who I invited to pick against me, as evidenced by the title I give to these hypothetical wagers.  But I was so close, and then I was pushed into saving myself, and I failed, I just flat-out fucking failed.

---

One other thing I have to note.  I do Anti-Picks three times: College football, the National Football League, and the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.  I think I've been awful overall.  But I think this is the first time I finished losing money in all three sports in the same season.  That's ... awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment