Thursday, April 17, 2014

SNOW AGAIN?!?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

There's snow.  Fuckin' A, there's snow.  It's April 16, and there's snow.  Swear to fucking God, there's snow.

No, not snow showers or flurries.  Full-blown snow.  In fact, it's a blizzard, a motherfucking blizzard.  I don't know about this, but the latest snow total from a city that's closest to me says that there's been, get this, nine inches, nine fucking goddamn inches.  That's how much fell in last month's blizzard, which was also supposed to be the last fucking snowstorm of the year.

What really sucks is that there was no way we were supposed to have this much snow.  We weren't supposed to have any until a few days ago, when the track of this low-pressure system was projected to sock Central Minnesota.  Maybe we would have some slush, but there was a chance we'd have some rain.  And then last night we were supposed to have, at most, four inches while parts north was going to take it in the ass.  But I just looked out at my back deck now, and oh my fucking God, the depth of snow there may be as high as it's ever been after any snowstorm this winter.  AND IT'S APRIL 16!!!

I drove my parents' minivan because of the problems with my car.  It skidded off to the side when I tried to get up onto my driveway.  This is bad; the snow will melt as soon as the sun comes out today (Buddha willing), but until then the rain/snow mix that fell this afternoon has frozen as it's about 32 degrees.  I hope I won't encounter any issues backing/sliding down the driveway tomorrow morning.

And that's assuming I can get out of the driveway.  There is no fucking way I would should have to worry that a plow will keep my street clear by dumping the snow on the street up to our property.  But there is so much snow already that if they do, it'll dam the end of my driveway.  And guess what?  The shovel (as well as the snowplow) has already been stashed in the shed.  I would have been able to take it out if I didn't work tonight, but now this snow has fallen, I got home at around 11 and I have to do these scholarship applications, so I can't shovel or plow.  I'm just going to wait it out and let the snow melt -- even though I have no idea if it's too much to melt away tomorrow.  Fuck my life.

GODDAMN YOU, YOU FUCKING WINTER.  WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment