Saturday, April 12, 2014

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, April 11:
  • Work thankfully prevented me from spending any money.  So I go back to Tuesday the 8th, when I decided to take an alumni club conference call at Diamonds.  Wanted a Coke, but only prepared drinks get a punch on the Diamonds punch card, so I got a mocha along with a donut.  With tip: $3.25.
  • Monday, April 7: This was a surprise: For the first time I can remember, the test scoring place was offering lunch bags for $5.  I considered this a good omen because I forgot the creamer at home.  I tried using the ones the company provided, but I could barely stand the coffee and preferred not to drink more than that one cup.  So I had another way of fueling my body that would give me energy: Eating food.  I think it was tuna salad, and it was OK, but I saw peanuts in it.  I didn't know tuna salad sandwiches had peanuts in it.  The best part of the lunch was the macadamia nut cookie for dessert: $5.
  • And to wash it all down I consumed a different vehicle of caffeine: Coke from the vending machine, an expensive: $1.65.
  • Sunday April 6 -- After spending the day driving down all the way to the job I'll be starting Wednesday, a test scoring position I was at last year (partially to make sure I remembered the route, partially to see how my dilapidated car was going to drive there), I had time to fiddle around before seeing The Grand Budapest Hotel.  They wouldn't even open up the doors until the prior movie, something called In The Blood, was done (I didn't know they made a movie based on the Better Than Ezra single -- and oh my God, they're still around!!!), and then they wouldn't open it up for a few minutes after that.  So I had time to dink around the neighborhood, one I've driven up and down on constantly, but had only walked through once (and barely at that).  Specifically, I walked up the hill to the house where my ATF, ***e* surprised me by getting her friend to assist her in stroking my dick.  It's known in my head as The Best Day Evah!  I knew her friend had left the house a long time ago, but I wanted to reminisce.  Anyway, I also needed that walk to work off the chili cheese dog I had from the Dairy Queen right next to the movie theater.  It was the first warm weekend day of the year, and many people standing in line before me must have gotten desserts, but since I was going to get popcorn and Coke soon after, I didn't want to ruin my appetite by eating what's supposed to be your last meal.  So, the chili cheese dog, with tip, came to: $2.75.
  • Say this for Wes Anderson films: They're so distinctive, I usually come away being happy I spent money to watch it.  While being overly sentimental to the point of being precious, an Anderson film is so unique, especially with its costumes, scenic design and cat-like camerawork, that you're going to remember at least something about it.  I like that, although I'm still not sure how much I like the movie, or even if I do like the movie.  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $13.
  • Saturday the 5th ... only EWR was at the MNRG bout.  Have they run student discounts all this time?  If so, that would have saved me two bucks each event.  Also had a Coke.  All day, the first warm one we've had this year, I think, I had this craving for Coke.  And even though I thought I was going to get myself a beer, when I saw that they had Coke on the menu, I sprung for a can instead.  So ticket, Coke and tip means: $17.50.
  • After that I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Got there just in time to see a $5 chick step down from stage.  Good timing; that made my night there shorter.  Plus I didn't get a coffee, but the waitress didn't seem to mind.  (ETA at 12:27 a.m. May 17 that this particular Expense Without Receipt means that the MNRG is not the only EWR for Saturday the 5th.)  Stage tips for three strippers: $6.
  • I then went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place because I didn't want to go home quite yet.  Then again I didn't know what I wanted to order because I wasn't feeling that hungry.  Finally I took up my waiter's advice and got the potato ham soup (I thought he said tomato ham, although it probably wouldn't've made a difference) and onion rings, but no Coke, just water.  With tip it came out to: $5.75.
  • On Thursday, April 3 I got some money from my director to get candy for the group.  I kept the money and used my credit card for the candy.  Hope he doesn't mind me pocketing the cash; I needed it.  An Infusion of: $20.
  • Sunday, March 30 ... first EWR of a long day driving from Wendy's to the library to the car parts store to home to St. Paul was the Downtowner Car Wash.  Assuming I paid for everything by cash, the car wash (which was rendered worthless with the following week's spring blizzard) and tip came out to: $24.51.
  • I ate Cossetta before going to the game, so I only doled out cash for a scalped ticket.  It was tough, but I finally caved at: $45.
  • I don't know why the fuck I wrote down my post-game trip to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) twice in my Franklin Quest, nor do I know how the fuck I didn't notice that I wrote it down twice.  I will assume the first note is correct because I wrote it sooner after I actually went.  Tips, no coffee, and a dance from this hot chick named Kirah, from which I wanted a lapper for a long time and regretted not getting one when it seemed she left the bar: $26.
  • Saturday the 29th: Only EWR of that day (and I feel safe saying that) is all the stuff at the NCAA Men's Hockey West Regional games that evening.  Robert Morris was game before losing to the U. 7-3; we all gave the Colonials a standing ovation.  Aw, what a nice little program whose asses we kicked, but they showed some spunk!  My ovation was sincere, but if they found it a bit condescending and a lot useless, I would understand that, too.  The second game of the doubleheader was a tight one, where St. Cloud St. finally defeated Notre Dame on a turnover-turned-wrist shot by Huskies Hobey Baker finalist Nic Dowd.  It happened on my end of the ice, so I had the perfect viewpoint of the puck lifting over the shoulder of the goalie (last name Summerhays).  The guy I was sitting next to, whose ticket I bought after he sold it to the scalper I go to, he stood up and raised his arms and cheered where his elbow glanced my eyeglasses.  Boy, that was close.  A little farther to the left and he would have hit my temple.  But you're a good man, Zvi!  Scalped ticket, program, hot dog and Coke is, a hope (since it's been a long time ago): $55.
  • Back to Wednesday the 26th when I stopped by the library before coming home in order to print out these knitting instructions Mother found online.  The printer at home couldn't print them out right because the instructions to the right of this picture on the upper-left corner of the page seemed to be in the way: 10 cents.
Calling it.  Caught up through April 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment