Sunday, April 13, 2014

Well, this afternoon, trying to scratch and/or wash away the stench of loserdom the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher men's hockey team stained on my skin, I took a walk around the area where both the community center I work out in (although I didn't this weekend; taxes to do, among other things) and the library I sometimes go to are.  The city gets a bad rap, but when you really look, it's like any other suburb, which is too say, it's safe, quiet and nice.

And when I stepped out of the community center after going to the bathroom, I looked up and realized that it was a cloudy day.  I already knew it was relatively cool for this time of year, so that plus the overcast sky gives the afternoon an autumn feel.  This is a day that would be perfect in October and November, not mid-April.

But after what happened last night, this is good.  Perfect even.  There's no sun beating down on me disturbing the naps I tried to take in my car this and yesterday afternoon.  I'm not sweating beyond all the walking I'm doing, which is at least good for my health.  And while my nose has run, I'm not suffering the watery eyes and the stuffy nose that comes with springtime allergies, which usually start around this time.  I can walk around and breathe and enjoy this peaceful day.  This modest happiness is the perfect tonic to what is currently troubling my mind.

Just wanted to say something grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment