Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I've Had It

So the car turns on its Check Engine light early on on my drive to work this morning, and the sounds on the back passenger side continues to get louder (I thought I would make these goddamn noises a separate blog post, but I don't have the time or energy now), and when I park and turn off the car I hear this big noise coming underneath the hood on the driver side, and when I step out I detect a noticeable antifreeze odor, like it's leaking.  Therefore I needed to check underneath the car for leaks, underneath the hood for leaks, and in my trunk to see if I can get rid of the noise that started after I tore up the trunk in an effort to replace my taillights (didn't work, by the way; there in fact were two of them burnt out, unbeknownst to me, and although I tried to replace both, I only successfully changed one).  Saw nothing.  Good thing; wouldn't know what to do if there was something bad.

And then the light comes on on the way home.  After I get home I sit in the car for a bit; my iPhone picked up the home wi-fi and a Twitter update, and I got to start surfing the Internet, but subconsciously I wanted to avoid smelling any bad smells as a result of stopping the car.  Nevertheless I stumbled across bad news anyway; I noticed that my driver's-side tire looked really low.  They say you should check the air in your tires every other week, but that's fucking impossible to do in Minnesota because you'll freeze your fingers off if you try doing that in the wintertime.  Nor do I want to do it while parked in my driveway because it's not level, therefore I won't get an accurate reading on my tire gauge.  But I had to, and even though it's probably inaccurate, it was very, very low.  Shit; I texted Mother that I'd be home by 6, but I was home 15 minutes early, but I had to run to the gas station to pump up that tire, so I wound up being ten minutes late.

Later this evening I went out to check on it again.  No way does a tire that much air unless there's something wrong with it.  Then again, the same thing happened to me when I took the parents' minivan to the car wash.  I noticed that the same tire, the driver's-side front, looked really low.  Noticed that the car wash, and presumably all car washes, have air hoses, so I asked him to pump that up.  Hadn't seen the tire lose air on the way home, and I never heard about it after my parents came home from vacation.

Freaked out after seeing that the air pressure on the tire that was low had lower pressure than after I immediately checked it.  But then I checked the others, like I had before and after I went to the gas station, and it was just the air in the tires cooling down after driving and sitting through dusk.  I still kind of think it's losing more air than it should.  Hopefully I'll have time to check it out before I drive to work in the morning, and I definitely hope there'll be enough air in that tire to get me at least to work.  But my spidey sense is telling me I'll have to leave work early in order to get it patched up.

Oh, and the weatherstripping on the passenger side has started to come off, woo-hoo!  I remember hearing the flapping of the stripped stripping on the driver's side, and when I went to, wouldn't you know it, the car wash, the guy just tore the whole damn thing out, even though I was trying to glue or tape it back on.  What the fuck am I going to do with that now?

And now I hear a bad snow's coming Friday.  After I heard that on the news I decided to take a nap before going back out and checking on my car.  I'm just ... overwhelmed with problems right now.  I can't take all these goddamn problems anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment