Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Stress Is Getting To All Of Us

Yeah, I've been through three waves of people, but it's only this one where I could feel a full day of tension.  I have to admit, however, that it came mostly from one guy -- who, after I had to stop him because he skipped some steps and again after I corrected his codes, kind of blew up yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon at me.  My cortisol was running real high after he got frustrated, but I have to admit I have been there, many times, at this job, all three seasons, including this one.

In the afternoon, after taking a few moments to himself, he calmed down and apologized, which was really nice and lowered my temperature.  His only complaint was that he was told the training would be different from what I actually did.  He was told this from a contact at the temp agency who I find strange.  In fact, if I may be so bold, I don't think she knows what she's talking about.

Before he left he said that he was told, but this same contact, that as long as he shows improvement, he'll stick around.  I do not believe that to be the case, and I am afraid that he is putting his faith in something who cannot be trusted.  In other words, I don't know if I'm going to be seeing him this morning.

---

I was walking back and forth watching the new crop when I heard an, "Excuse me."  It's the guy from the first wave, charging through the hallway like a bull with headphones on, and I was in the way.  "Oh, sorry," I said, and I waved him through.

You know, underneath his short hair, bulbous head, bulbous figure, gruff exterior and the obnoxious way he talks only to the other person from the first wave to survive at work like a cross between an elementary school gossip and an ironic hipster, there beats a heart of a man who thinks he's better than me.

---

I do not know if I trained them well, or correctly.  I still have one thing left for them to teach.  I don't know why I haven't taught them till now, but it's gotten to the point where that box is about to burst and its oldest envelopes are a week older than the other formats.

The downside is that that will take training, again, and that will take time, of course.  And if these people don't get it, there's a chance that they'll be confused even more than they already are.  But if they get this, that'll unlock a key, and zoom will go their production.

I just don't know if that's the right thing to do.  Damn, this job is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment