Thursday, September 11, 2014

Work Isn't Fun Anymore

Well, we missed the count for yet another day.  I don't remember the last time we got the count right.

I stayed an extra hour tonight -- an extra goddamn hour, trying to figure out why in the hell the count's wrong.  And it was useless because the root of the problem is something beyond my control or even my ability to unwind or account for.  So I got out of work at 7.  People on salaries get out of work at 7, and I am not salaried.

Man, my boss (one of many I have this season) is gonna be pissed.  I think I was skating on thin ice before; this time I may fall through.  I appreciate her giving me a chance, and I don't think this is my fault, but I think I've burned through all my currency with her.  Tomorrow morning's gonna be hell.

And that's when a whole new group of people start work.  And guess what?  I'll be the one teaching them!  I did a shitty job with the first wave of people, and I've been so preoccupied with the count that I haven't had time to think about what to tell these people.  They're gonna hate me, just like the first wave.

You know what?  I miss my last temp job.  The one downtown, the one that paid $7.99 an hour.  It didn't pay shit, but all I had to do was go in, correct some forms, and leave.  I could work at my own pace, I didn't have to take any shit, didn't get any negative feedback from my boss, and I was left alone.  That is absolute bliss compared to what I have to deal with now.  Sure I got paid peanuts, but it was stress-free.  In fact, it was a total joy to go in and work there.  I miss that place now.  I really fucking do.

No comments:

Post a Comment