Thursday, October 9, 2014

Addendum To: First My Tasks, Then My Job

Wednesday morning I was resigned to giving my the tasks I cherish so deeply.  But when my boss went in on me saying I need to train the old people (in a week where I spent all my training the new people -- you know, if I hadn't needed to train all these people, I would have been able to do these tasks I cherish so deeply, you know?), that only accelerated what I consider to be a long and difficult goodbye.

So, after about half an hour of planning what I needed to say, I decided to bite the bullet and, because my boss said he was being riden by his boss (who just happens to be the CEO -- that makes the bullet-biting a lot easier to take, I'm afraid) I broke the old people -- who, by the way, are such insular dicks; that makes this training very annoying, as mandatory as it has become -- in on my new task.

But then their computers weren't set up correctly, so there was no training.  Which meant that, at least for one more day, these tasks were mine, all mine.  Until tomorrow, where apparently fixing their computers is my boss' top priority.  We'll see; there was one thing that I have asked for the past two weeks, something even he has said is very important, but I haven't gotten it yet.  Also, I told him he needed to call my temp agency, and after I got home the temp agency called me and said they haven't heard from him yet.

So I don't know.  Maybe I'll have these tasks all by myself again today (Thursday), and maybe, just maybe, I'll show him that I can do this all by myself.  Nah -- he'll probably deliver on his promise in the morning and I'll be training, again, all the damn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment