Friday, October 17, 2014

Truly, Truly, Truly Hate, Hate Hate

No avoiding it anymore -- I must teach these assholes this new task.  I am absolutely sick with training, but I'm dreading this even more because 1) they're assholes and 2) they think they know everything and 3) they have this curious, even arrogant insistence on doing things their way.  No, you don't have a way.  I do.  And you are going to do it that way, or else fuck off.  But that is not how they are going to react.  They are going to boss me around and make snide comments behind my back and act all superior.

Sadly I can't really delay it anymore.  All the programs are up on their computers.  And I have to look at all these boxes piling up and admit that I cannot do this alone anymore.  Plus I am still training new people -- new people, by the way, who are nicer and more professional than these two jamooks.  Finally, and this is really scary, we are running out of work.  The chockpoint is with me and these tasks I would rather keep to myself (but would not mind teaching a couple of the others because they would not push back and certainly won't be difficult), and I can't have now 13 people burning through envelopes.

It is absolutely astounding, and discouraging, that the two people I have to delegate these tasks to, the most tenured temps in this project, happen to be a pair of Hipster Twin dickheads.  My only hope is that I don't have to teach them today because it's Friday and it's better to start with a clean slate on Monday so they have a full week to pound through a new task.  But that means that the brickbats and under-the-breath insults start on Monday, not today.  And I don't know if I can convince my boss that I need to focus my attention on the new pups and (rightfully) ignore those two until Monday.

So it really doesn't matter; eventually I am going to have to teach them, to talk to them, to look in their direction.  And they are not going to have any of it, even though it's their fucking job to fucking listen!!!

I truly, truly hate these people.  Truly, truly, truly hate, hate hate those two disrespectful goddamn people.  And I have to talk to them, either today or Friday.  Goddammit it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment